Building Life Cycle - Part 15 - Waste & Recycling
What do I do and where does it go?
Similar to utilities such as hydro and natural gas, waste management is common for every property you manage. The WM team will be sharing examples and providing you with information to navigate the ever changing environmental and sustainability landscape by covering these topics:
- What happens to all of the material after it leaves my site?
- We care about sustainability. What actions can we take to improve diversion?
- When is it appropriate to have a compactor vs. typical bins and toters?
- I have a developer asking for advice. What are the top 5 things I should provide information on?
- I have occupancy coming up in a new build. How do I ask for a quote and what information should I provide?
- Why is there not a common system for all municipalities across BC when it comes to recycling? What is RecycleBC?
- Do you have any intel on upcoming changes that BC will be legislating?
- What are the things I need to consider when creating a budget for waste management over the next 3 years?
- The 5 things we see often that we wished properties would stop doing.
Our intention is to provide you with knowledge that is relevant for all building types and property managers. We will ensure there is time for an open forum discussion to cover questions throughout this session.
Carrie Coupland, Senior Account Executive, Waste Management
Carrie has been with Waste Management for almost 20 years, progressing her way thru multiple roles in various markets within her tenure. Carrie has dedicated the last six years to working directly with property managers on both multifamily and commercial properties. She has experience in both new builds as well as existing properties and is able to design a program that will suit the building's needs.