Topics will include:
- A summary of available rebates and incentives
- “EV Ready” new construction requirement
- Different ways to renovate existing buildings:
- EV Energy Management Systems – A important technology to enable cost-effective EV charging infrastructure
- EV charging networks – charging service providers for buildings
- What’s the process for implementing an EV Ready retrofit?
- What does implementing EV charging cost?
- What should you ask a contractor or engineer working with your building?
- Parking scenarios
- Bylaws, rules, and user fees
- Best practices
Jennifer Neville of Hamilton & Company,
Jennifer has been providing advice to strata corporations and owners since 2003. She assists strata corporations and owners with a broad range of strata property issues, including bylaw and resolution drafting, compliance with the Strata Property Act, repairs, collections, strata financing, disputes and Civil Resolution Tribunal claims.
Jennifer regularly gives seminars for organizations such as the Professional Association of Managing Agents, the Strata Property Agents of BC, and the Condominium Home Owners Association. She is a contributing author to the British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual (published by the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia). In addition, she is a Director of the Condominium Home Owners Association.
Jennifer’s successful practice depends, not only knowledge of the law, but her sharp ability to listen, communicate effectively, and respond to her clients’ individual legal needs. Jennifer takes pride in providing tailored solutions that are practical, yet strategic.
Brendan McEwan of AES Engineering,
Brendan is deeply committed to addressing the climate crisis and achieving a zero carbon society. The efficient electrification of transportation, buildings, and industry, combined with the rapid shift to zero carbon electricity, is our most important opportunity to eliminate emissions, improve health, and increase the financial performance of our assets and communities.
Inger Miller of Plug In BC
Inger is a program lead for the Fraser Basin Council's Climate Change and Air Quality Program, supporting electric vehicle initiatives under the Plug In BC program. Inger is responsible for providing advice, information and support to a range of audiences on their electric vehicle needs and charging applications.
You must Sign In order to register on-line
If you are a member registering staff not in our database, please contact us to get the member rate before registering.